Thursday, August 2, 2012

I borrowed it, I didn't steal it... I promise....

I find inspiration from every direction and try to use it in my life in my words and writing.  I have a teacher who absorbs so many movie quotes that she no longer realizes that she is a living breathing quote generator.   She even gives us candy if we can call her on it and name the movie.   I am like that but I don't give out candy.

Recently, between the millions of "Hate Chicken" and "Hate Chicken Haters"  on FB I saw an inspirational post on comparing human spiritual growth to a bow and arrow.  It rang true and I put it in the back on my head for later.   AL carries around recipe cards so she doesn't miss the exact sentence or moment.  I have not yet evolved to that point,  besides I didn't have pockets.  I have many other excuses if you care to sit and listen.  My point to all this is that I will fall back on the saying,

 "There is nothing new under the sun"

 I got sick of hearing it from my parents as I was growing up.  Perhaps it is disingenuous to use it after mocking it all that time...

1- I  realize that the bow and arrow FB thingy I saw, is brewing.
2-  Thanks to the blue chair's full moon emergency session in which it was pointed out to me that when things start to wind up or begin to feel really uncomfortable and the tension in your life, spirit, thoughts are at their apex, it is a sign that change is coming.
3-  And then there was the woman at the store today.  She was the wine pusher, as I like to call them.  "Have some wine?!"  she said, as I walked passed her table.  I stopped and smiled and started flirting... just a little bit.   I know it must be the full moon causing this,  I have many other excuses if you would you care sit and listen.   "You mean its legal for me to stand here in public, in a grocery store and drink wine with you?"  and grinned.   Yes,  I knew it was legal.  But she returned my smile and was so friendly.   We exchanged memories of  when anything with alcohol wasn't even sold in stores.  "So what type of wine do you like?" she said.   "I am a red wine girl and I don't like it unless it bites me."  I said, grinning again.  She grinned back and her eyes sparkled as she poured a taste of something and handed it to me.   It bit me.  "Was that hard enough?"  she said, as she poured a different taste of a different type.   I felt as if I were in a play.   We somehow started talking of how dramatic life was feeling in the last few days and she began to tell me that she was feeling as if she were being physically pushed and pulled uncomfortably and that she agreed with me that the full moon was especially strong this cycle.  She told me that she uses what she called "cold baptisms" for herself to help when she needed renewal.  That she prays in the shower with the cold water running and her kids think she is nuts.   I really started looking around for the cameras then.   My jump is tonight.  My jump into the deep, cold, darkness to shock my system into submission.  I told her about that and she touched my arm and her cool air conditioned hand lingered on my forearm  and said that she felt as if our connection was strangely strong and giggled and added that we had indeed shared a moment.   She might have been being completely honest with me or she, herself may have had other excuses as well.   I did buy the bottle of wine from her that bit me the best.  I don't drink wine.


Mix all of that together in my head and something will be born from it.  Because it is a good description for what is happening right now for me.  I feel the winding up of the universe.  I can hear something far off that sounds a bit like the turbines that roar in the Hoover Dam.  I am feeling like Stretch Armstrong (if you are much young than me you will have no idea what I am talking about).



2 comments:

  1. Note to self: got to the grocery store during wine tasting sessions. :-)

    In other words, "I feel ya."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb welcome to my blog! Thank you so much for being my first... heh.

      You are so much gentler than the US Dept of Defense would have been. Luckily, I left them speechless... :-)

      Delete