Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Is that a black helicopter or are you just happy to see me?


When I checked my blog today to edit in some pictures of my two youngest kids to give a visual of their growing separation (and because they are just dang cute),   I clicked on my stat counter and I was suddenly fear stricken and amused all at the same time.    I see that the US Defense Dept has been perusing my blog.   Unsettling to say the least. But oddly fascinating too.   Only I would be so intrigued that I would be taking mental notes for a new blog post later on down the road while being stuffed into a black Lincoln and driven away to an undisclosed location.   I wonder how long it would take me to come to my senses and realize they were putting me on a terrorist watch list and I would never fly again.

I have been allowing myself to play with different scenerios.   The first being that maybe my favorite writer is also on the same list that I believe I am about to be on.   If that is true then I really DO wonder how writers manage to live outside of their written words.   Obviously she walks everywhere she does go if she isn't able to fly.   And the dreadlocks...  you really must have went for it in the 8 years of W Anne pushing their buttons as much as possible.   I really had no idea.  You were/are a comfort to me in times I find myself in spiritual messes.    Perhaps it was just the mention of GWB on my blog or maybe a combination to both.  Perhaps they just were uncomfortable with the rock throwing.   I only mentioned in passing  that you didn't care for the man but were trying really hard to.  If anyone should be offended it should be Jesus, with his mother wanting to throw rocks at him as a teenager.  But I don't think Jesus has an IP address.   

My second is that there is a beautiful woman who is in love with me from afar who just happens to work for the Defense Dept and she spent her lunch hour reading mediocrity for fun.   I like this one the best because I would much rather have an admiring  reader than  find my name becoming a household word in the Defense Dept.  

So that is it really,  I find myself with the overwhelming need to barricade myself in my bedroom and just let go of the notion to change my party affiliation from none of your business to Libertarian until long after the election is over.   I swear I am not a subversive.  I'm just a 50 year old, chubby lesbian.  I promise,  I come in peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment